Image © Brian Rees

Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Winter Wonderland Photography and People.

Okay, my first blog is here, and it's about people photography!

The other day my friend Andy Andy's images and myself travelled into town to capture some images at the Winter Wonderland taking place in Hyde Park. Now I'm not sure if it was our approach or something else, but the people of London seemed more stand-offish than compared to the other day's shooting in Brighton with another fellow photographer Nadine. Nadine's Blog
Although in Brighton we boldly approached strangers and asked them if we could take their photograph, whereas by contrast in London we wanted to take a more candid approach.
The light wasn't the best and the choice of lenses was difficult, I opted for taking a full frame 35mm body with a 135mm f/2.0 and 85mm f/1.2. Andy on the other hand went for two bodies, a 1.3x crop and 1.6x crop respectively, along with a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS (VR) and what I think was an 17-85mm f/4.0-5.6 IS (VR)
In retrospect I think the wider angle Image stabilised option was the way to go in this situation, but we live and learn! If I can get back there at some time I'll be taking a tripod and the 17-40mm and fisheye.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely final shot Jai I also love the bent double couple in shot 1.
    I tried my hand at Blogging earlier this year. It can be a hard slog. I look forward to seeing what you produce.
    Nice posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I'm just a beginner so don't take my words for much but I love the cold and these winter shots are fantastic I don't think I could choose a fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eberyone has to be a beginner in he beginning Zachary. The more photographs you take, the more you'll improve. When you get the images on the computer is where the fun starts, as editing them is as important as the taking of them.
      Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete